Your privacy is critically important to us.
DEAFINITEQUALITY’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted on email@example.com
Like most website operators, DEAFINITEQUALITY collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. DEAFINITEQUALITY’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how DEAFINITEQUALITY’s visitors use its website. From time to time, DEAFINITEQUALITY may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate e.g. by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
DEAFINITEQUALITY also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for users leaving comments on http://Deafinitequality.com. DEAFINITEQUALITY only discloses commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of personally-identifying information
Certain visitors to DEAFINITEQUALITY’s websites choose to interact with DEAFINITEQUALITY in ways that require DEAFINITEQUALITY to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that DEAFINITEQUALITY gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for membership of DEAFINITEQUALITY to provide a username and postal and email addresses so that we may use their information to process and support their membership. We also ask for information about qualifications, location, contact number and availability for work.
At any time you can ask to view, update or correct any data we hold on you. You can also ask that we stop using your data or that we erase it. To request any of these, please contact the Data Protection Officer, who will respond within one month. You can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to external sites
Protection of certain personally-identifying information
DEAFINITEQUALITY discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those agreed organisations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on DEAFINITEQUALITY’s behalf.
Email addresses only are shared with MailChimp so that people who complete our website forms can receive updated information about our services or interpreting assignments.
We only retain data until we are informed otherwise, after which time information is deleted.
DEAFINITEQUALITY will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. DEAFINITEQUALITY discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when DEAFINITEQUALITY believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of DEAFINITEQUALITY, third parties or the public at large.
If you have registered with http://Deafinitequality.com and have supplied your email address, DEAFINITEQUALITY may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with DEAFINITEQUALITY. We primarily use our website to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. DEAFINITEQUALITY takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
DEAFINITEQUALITY may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. DEAFINITEQUALITY may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, DEAFINITEQUALITY does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
Those who engage in transactions with DEAFINITEQUALITY – by purchasing DEAFINITEQUALITY’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, DEAFINITEQUALITY collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with DEAFINITEQUALITY. DEAFINITEQUALITY does not store on its website any financial details of its members. DEAFINITEQUALITY does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, DEAFINITEQUALITY uses “Cookies”.
Cookies are nothing to be afraid of and are a common part of using the modern Internet.
We don’t use many cookies. The ones we do use are to help give you a better user experience and also to help us understand more about how the site’s being used so that we can improve it in the future. Some of them are for our benefit, such as user analytics and website usage data, and others are for your benefit, such as providing a functional e-commerce and payment gateway solution.
The cookies we use
Here is some information about the cookies we use and what they’re for.
- catAccCookies: This cookie is set by a plugin used on our website called Cookie Consent which powers the cookie consent popup that you should have seen when you first visited our site. This cookie tells the browser that you’ve accepted the cookies so that it doesn’t ask you every time. It expires after 30 days.
- _ga: This cookie is set by Google Analytics and is used to identify unique users of the website and helps us to track how the site is used and where we can make improvements. It identifies you via a unique ‘client ID’ which is randomly generated and does not contain any personal information about you. It expires after 2 year. More info. You can opt-out of our Google Analytics tracking by using this tool.
- woocommerce_cart_hash and woocommerce_items_in_cart: These cookies are set by WooCommerce which powers the e-commerce side of the site. They contain information about the cart/basket as a whole and helps WooCommerce know then the cart changes. These are both session cookies so will expire when you close the site.
- wp_woocommerce_session_#: This cookie is also set by WooCommerce. It contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find your cart data in the database. No personal information is stored. This cookie will expire after 48 hours.
- wordpress_logged_in_: This cookie is set by WordPress which is the content management system that our website is built using and it tells the site if you’re logged in. This means we can give you access to your account on the site. It is a ‘session’ cookie, which means it expires as soon as you close the site.
- wordpress_sec_: This cookie is also set by WordPress and helps manage a logged in user. It is a ‘session’ cookie, which means it expires as soon as you close the site.
- wordpress_test_cookie: This cookie is set as part of WordPress and tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled. It is a ‘session’ cookie, which means it expires as soon as you close the site.
How can you block or delete cookies
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings, and you can usually find these in the ‘settings’ or ‘preferences’ menu. Here are some links to help you depending what browser you are using.
- Manage cookies in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookies in Firefox
- Manage cookies in Chrome
- Manage cookies in Safari (web) and Safari (iOS).