- What is it like to be deaf?
- How have services for deaf people changed over the years?
- What are the current areas where access improvements can be made for deaf people?
- What are the hurdles that prevent deaf people from getting involved in sports? How can deaf people be encouraged to get involved in sports?
- What do organisations need to do to ensure that service provisions for deaf people comply with the Disability Discrimination Act.
Whatever your organisation’s activity, you are certain to have a deaf customer. Customers could be internal or external and it is vital that your facilities, products, services, and information delivery methods comply with all the anti-discrimination laws. Brian Kokoruwe has personal experience of the ‘hearing’ and ‘deaf’ world. With varied and extensive educational background, the speaker will retain your interest through a fascinating speech strolling through the pathway of genuine real-life experiences and unanticipated situations. Serious, challenging, and hilarious entertainment, will produce the end result of developing the audiences’ new ways of working and associating with their customers.
Click on the Contact Button at the top of the page to make an enquiry about our Keynote Speaker.
“Your presentation was from your heart and was very strong and factual…it left me feeling wow what a journey you have lived…how with passion, desire,and determination what can be achieved in life…”
Brian was great, we had extra time so he was able to share for longer. He has so much experience the parents really enjoyed listening to him, he is so engaging.
Amazing Brian, such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story with us x
Wow you’re amazing 🤩 x
Amazing Brian x
Thanks for sharing x